Care Connection Project helps reduce loneliness and isolation by strengthening communities, building resilience and enabling connections between people, their loved ones and local services.
A Friendly Voice
Aimed at alleviating the negative impacts of loneliness on mental and physical health. The Care Friends service is for anyone feeling lonely, isolated, experiencing anxiety or just wants a friendly voice to speak to regularly.
At a Convenient Time
Agree a regular catch-up time with your Care Befriender. Talk about anything, enjoy a puzzle together, read a book, discuss recipes, the choice is yours. Our hope is that you have a caring friend to chat with, to make you smile and brighten your day.
Totally Free Service
The Care Friend service is completely free and available to anyone who has been referred by a healthcare professional such as a doctor or nurse, or by a friend or colleague who is concerned about your wellbeing.
The Care Connections Online Support Group runs weekly on a Tuesday and Wednesday evenings. The sessions are interactive, fun and a great way to break the monotony of the lockdown.
You will meet new people and make new friends and come away feeling refreshed and energised.
The online support group is run on Zoom and will have a maximum of 15 people to allow for interaction and fellowship.
Activities may include games, icebreaker activities, quizzes, raffles, as well as useful information about Covid-19, and health and wellbeing tips to cope with daily life.
- Contact your local GP and ask to be referred
- Speak to your local link worker, keyworker, or social prescriber
- Refer yourself if you can, via the link below
Do you need help with technology?
Our technical team can assist in many ways. Our team are trained to be kind, caring, patient and understanding.
We appreciate that technology can be intimidating for many people. We are here to help you get the best out of technology in a safe, friendly way.
For the safety and wellbeing of our clients and government Covid-19 restrictions, all our services are currently offered over the phone and via remote technologies.
For your safety, always call our helpline 03007727756 to agree a 'secret word' that only you and your helper knows about.
- Help choosing the right technology
- Help purchasing technology
- Help setting up new or existing technology - mobiles, tablets, laptops
- Help using technology - Facebook, WhatsApp, FaceTime, Zoom, Telegram,
- Help with security - Antivirus, Anti-Spam, Online Safety
- Help creating email accounts
- Help with online services - online shopping, online groups, online classes